Our Blue Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) essential oil is a blue to greenish blue liquid displaying a sweet, herbaceous bouquet with a warm fruity yet spicy undertone. This calming yet mood uplifting oil can also improve digestion, reduce inflammation and cramping.
Best ways to use Blue Chamomile essential oil:
- Direct Palm / Nasal Inhaler: Place a drop of oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the hands together, cup your hands around your nose and take a deep breath in through the nose. You can also add several drops to nasal inhaler and breath in throughout the day. You can repeat multiple times though out the day. (add sweet orange and clary sage to promote positive mood)
- Diffuser: Chamomile is great to add to a diffuser to promote relaxation (combine with mandarin and lavender).
- Add directly to stomach to relieve stomach or menstrual cramping (combine with ginger for stomach and clary sage for menstrual cramps)
- Add to a base oil such as apricot kernel to apply to children and adults for inflamed itchy skin (great to combine with lavender and helichrysum)
- Make sure you are not allergic to chamomile first before applying all over the skin.
- Apply straight to an insect bite or bee sting to relive pain and inflammation.
Other oils it blends well with:
Clary sage, helichrysum, lavender, lemon, lime, rose geranium, mandarin, neroli, rose, sweet orange
Fun facts: chamomile contains a constituent called azulene which forms when the plant is distilled making the essential oil blue. Azulene has been found to be an excellent anti-inflammatory agent.
Cautions: known as non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing.